The Woodruff mitten pattern is symmetrical for each hand — the only difference between Right and Left mitten is the placement of the “Afterthought Thumb” (see colored brackets in Woodruff Chart for placement of thumb stitches). If bobbles don’t suit your fancy, they can be easily omitted by substituting each Bobble symbol on the chart for a purl instead.
- Approximately 165 yards of worsted-weight wool yarn
- 5 stitches per inch in Moss Stitch (palm pattern) with larger needle size
- A set of DPNs in size needed to obtain gauge above
- A set of DPNs one size smaller than Gauge Needle
- Suggested needle size: US 6 (4mm) & US 7 (4.5 mm)
- 7 ¼“ circumference at palm
- 9” length from base of cuff to fingertips